Helping Young Men and Women Discover Endless Opportunities
Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and have completed the eighth grade and under 21 years of age.
Venturing’s purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults, with an emphasis in adventure, leadership, personal growth, and service.
All teens have that one moment that opens their eyes to a world that’s bigger than they ever imagined. It might happen while paddling a quiet lake, bonding with new friends around a beach bonfire, or rising to the challenge of leading an exhausted crew to the edges of adventure. Venturing gives young men and women access to a range of programs and empowers them to create their own experiences. It brings Scouting values to life through both high adventure outdoor activities and challenging real-world projects.
Venturing is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth, adult leaders, and organizations in their communities. Local community organizations establish a Venturing crew by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The result is a program of exciting and meaningful activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, develop leadership skills, and become good citizens.
Venturing’s motto, “Lead the Adventure,” reminds Venturers to always pursue life in the spirit of adventure. There are currently over 158,000 Venturers and 58,000 adult volunteers in the United States.
Venturing crews can specialize in a variety of avocation or hobby interests.
Young adults involved in Venturing will:
- Learn to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling the values in the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and other groups.
- Acquire skills in the areas of high adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, or Sea Scouting.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
Use our Contact Us page to join the fun!